So, what exactly is an in-home session?
I know. Inviting a stranger into your home is weird (especially in a post-COVID world). And to make it weirder... she's gonna take pictures? But trust me, it's not as bad as it seems. In fact, you might even love it.
In-home sessions are not for everyone.
If you're considering an in-home sessions here's what you need to know...
- You don't have to go anywhere
- You don't have to worry about weather
- Pets are ALWAYS welcome – no need to find a pet friendly space
- Your home is a safe space
- You can easily highlight that things that you love most
- Chaos is candid – it doesn't get more real than playing in the yard with the dogs or brewing your morning cup of coffee together
- You have to accept a certain level of vulnerability
- You might feel tempted to make everything perfect (tip: perfect is for magazines, not real lived-in life)
- The lighting might not be perfect – your photographer has to be ready for any situation ;)
- The photos might not be as "shareable" with family + friends